- Self-control. In table tennis, fractions of a second are everything. Therefore, even a passing irritation can lead to defeat. Players can control their emotions at such a level that in everyday life they rarely lose their temper.
- The high concentration of attention. The player constantly keeps in mind the overall picture of the match, and remembers the score, and goes through possible technical moves. However, he is still continuously monitoring the ball, not losing sight of it even for a split second. And the game goes at an incredible speed. The marginal concentration of attention is a necessary component of success in table tennis. Therefore, specialists who work in those areas where it comes to people’s lives (dispatchers, operators of hazardous equipment) are advised to regularly play table tennis.
- The development of analytical and operational thinking. A table tennis player must, like a chess player, think through several moves ahead. But at the same time, there are no pauses in the game to reflect. In addition, in table tennis, it is important to “catch” an opponent and outsmart him in time. Solving such problems at a fast pace helps to develop thinking, the game teaches to predict.
- Removal of chronic fatigue syndrome, stress treatment. While playing table tennis it is impossible to think about anything other than the game itself. All other thoughts simply do not have room.
This constant mixer about the meaning of life and what to do next to go by the wayside. After the set is completed, the problems do not seem so serious, and often the most suitable solution appears. Intense physical activity also helps relieve stress, and the joy of victory raises the mood.
- Dexterity, speed of reaction. The opponent has to make decisions almost every second and have time to make the necessary movement. Professional table tennis players have the best possible coordination, second only to tightrope walkers. It is no coincidence that boxers regularly play this game in order to develop a high reaction rate.
- Training the vestibular apparatus. Moving clearly and constantly monitoring the ball, which changes direction and moves at an incredible speed, is the best exercise for developing the vestibular apparatus.
- Good eyesight. One of the most useful exercises for the eyes is to alternately look at the object next to you, and then in the distance. Playing ping pong, a person constantly watches his ball, which is now closed, then far. In this case, the ball also moves in different directions. Such training for the eyes helps maintain excellent vision, relieves fatigue after prolonged use of the computer. Ophthalmologists recommend table tennis for both myopia and farsightedness, as well as after eye surgery.
- Healthy heart, stamina. The fast pace of the game and intense uniform load help strengthen the cardiovascular system, bring the pressure back to normal. Blood circulation is enhanced already in the second minute of training, therefore, oxygen consumption also increases. Different types of aerobic loads give such an effect, but only in table tennis does oxygen consumption reach such a high level (above, only in water polo).
- The development of large and fine motor skills. The game hones brush movements to jewelry perfection. During one set, the player changes the position of the hand holding the racket, several hundred and even thousands of times.
- Strengthening the muscles. Playing table tennis, the athlete holds his legs in a bent position and is mainly on his toes – this helps to activate the leg muscles especially effectively. And each hit is accompanied by a quick turn of the body, sometimes even very sharp. It is this movement that develops the oblique muscles of the abdomen well and forms a beautiful abs
- Weight loss. In terms of energy costs, table tennis takes 5th place (located between tennis and swimming). Aerobic exercise, a fast pace and the absence of long pauses help to quickly lose weight.
- Flexibility. Table tennis develops and maintains high joint mobility. Involved wrist, elbow, shoulder and hip joints, spinal column. Flexibility helps the player to respond to the movement of the ball with lightning speed and respond with an accurate shot. And in life, flexibility makes it possible to maintain an active lifestyle until old age.